The Dream Log

Converse about various topics, funny pictures and youtube videos.
SquigY0
DJ

Re: The Dream Log

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:48 pm

I go to a bowling alley by myself (don't know who does this) to have a couple drinks and throw a few balls. When I return my shoes and start leaving, the woman behind the counter says that I owe $4.17 per something (don't remember if it was per drink or per game). I indicate that I know nothing about this charge and I'm not going to pay it. She steps it back and says it's really a requested donation, but seems to indicate from her body language that it's necessary to be able to leave. As I try to gauge more about what this charge is and if it's really optional, she keeps walking away from the counter to do other things, making me more annoyed. A big kinda scary bearded dude comes to the counter as she tells me from further back that she has rental costs to pay and she can't recoup them if I don't give her this money. I try to understand what this means but she starts ignoring me at this point. I think I end up paying them and leaving.

I'm walking somewhere near the bowling alley and happen upon a wooden structure that's surrounded by trees and actually looks like a treehouse. I enter the structure and just on the other side of the doorway is a tray with a bunch of mini pies on it. I take one that looks like a peach cobbler and wander around and end up coming to the other side of the building which has a balcony and chairs and tables where people are eating. I eat my cobbler while also drinking a coffee (I'm not sure where it came from) enjoying the view off of the balcony.

When done, I notice there are stairs coming down from the balcony so I go down them, and end up on the first floor of the structure and realize it's just a regular restaurant. I figure I'd better pay for the cobbler I ate, and figure out by wandering around that the place where I pay is back where I came in, just off to the side, but I totally should've seen it when I came in. They ask if I ordered it, and I told them I just took it off the tray. They don't seem to think this is a problem, so I pay them and leave, making note to bring Twitches back to this place.
Perfected / Select Sundays@3pm Eastern
The SquigY0 Radio Show / Select Wednesdays@8pm Eastern
It IS Worse / Selected selecteds
AKApodcast http://akapodcast.podomatic.com

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:36 am

I try to visit my mortgage company, who's on a lower floor of the downtown office of my company to see about getting a loan for home improvements. Everybody's busy taking phonecalls, so I go back upstairs and call their phone number. I get right through to one of the gentlemen I saw on the phone and start the process.

Part of the process is meeting the mortgage guy at my dad's house and seeing how much it's worth. It's the house that I grew up in (which was demolished around 10 years ago) but laid out a lot like the house that he moved into after he moved out of that one. Before we go downstairs my dad says "well I guess this proves you're selling your house, and I guess you're buying mine." I coyly say "I don't know. I'm just looking at options" and he says "well how else are you going to afford to buy this?"

Me and the mortgage guy go down to the basement and there are two yappy dogs at the bottom of the stairs who can't get up them, and who are peeing and pooping all over the carpet. There are also several rows of animal carriers which contain additional dogs and a bunch of cats. I assume my father's fostering all of these animals, but make a note to ask him about his weird animal hoarding tendencies later.

In the back corner of the basement is a small room which I originally think is a bathroom, but it's actually my brother's computer room, which has a bunch of cables running out of the corner of it into a TV that's in front of a comfortable chair.

After that, me & Twitches go to Disney World to fight demons. At one point, I drown demon Kermit The Frog, get lost trying to find my hotel room in a dark labyrinth of hallways, and take a pirateship ride out to the parking lot.

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 pm

SquigY0 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:36 amAfter that, me & Twitches go to Disney World to fight demons. At one point, I drown demon Kermit The Frog, get lost trying to find my hotel room in a dark labyrinth of hallways, and take a pirateship ride out to the parking lot.
This part had me rolling. That's one hell of a dream you had.

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Randomly end up in this gas station in my hometown which is situated at the point of a Y-intersection for two main roadways. This particular gas station has been in this location for decades and the guy that owns it is a family friend that used to work on our cars. Real small town service that is rare to find these days. For some reason, I am there to consult them on a "rebranding" or "upgrade" for advertising and their "image." The gas station is associated with the company Citgo and was pretty basic just using their colors for paint on the exterior. However, my "re-imaging" brought in neon lights in those colors outlining the exterior as well as some kind of fancy chrome machinery upgrade making it have that classic 50's look but with a modern spin.

Flash forward as I walk outside to check the exterior except now we are preparing for a major movie premiere in the same location but now a totally different building still using the same neon lights and colors. The outside of the building looks fantastic and there are tons of people, press, celebs, etc, walking the red carpet and waiting to get inside. I go back in the building and check out the "reception spread" we have prepared with allllll kinds of delicious foods set up almost buffet style. I go back into the entry foyer to official open the doors welcoming people in and open the sliding glass doors which had been tinted to obscure any sight of what was within. I begin directing the slow trickle of people toward the side reception room where they can get food before heading into the viewing area for the movie premiere.

Flash forward to minutes before the premiere is to begin and there are still sooo many celebs outside that are to be inside for the showing so I walk over to the reception area to see what is wrong. I realize we have ran out of fried chicken and scramble to find more. Ignoring the "social distancing guidelines" I rush the remaining celebs outside into the reception area to get their food and go over to the viewing area to announce a small delay. After making the announcement, I go up to the projection room where I am informed that the film company did not send us their film but instead sent a Disney remake which some how included all of the celebrities who happened to be present for the viewing. I return to the reception area and hurry the remaining people into the viewing area. I woke up right as the lights went down in the viewing area and the film showing started.

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:59 am

I'd totally go to this gas station/movie premiere! Sounds super fun, hopefully had stellar fried chicken, and I'm bummed you didn't get to see this masterpiece of a movie!

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:35 pm

A lot of my dreams start where I'm watching a movie, and then I end up being part of the movie. This one I actually went back to watching the movie at the end.

A scientist is in a basement, labcoat and all. He has a robotic dog that after awhile becomes self-aware that it's a robotic dog, so he hits a button which resets it back to default. Unfortunately, each time he does that, the dog becomes self-aware quicker. His lab assistant (aka my sister goes to sleep (because we're also in my mother's basement)) and she wakes up to find that the scientist has completely killed the robot dog and is nowhere to be found.

I wake up to find that my sister has gotten on a spaceship and left the planet. Me and my family decide to get on another spaceship and go after her. As the spaceship takes off and all the lights and stars sweep by, I'm in a movie theatre seat that's shaking and moving to simulate the spaceship takeoff.

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Had this weird dream where I woke up to listen to SquigY0's Dance Party at it's regularly scheduled time of 3pm EST on Sundays. I had only had a few hours of sleep at this point but thought oh well, he made a big deal about this show so I'll sacrifice some sleep for it. I proceed to log into the chat as well as start streaming the show only to find that the show has already started. In my confusion, I ask about it in the chat to be told SquigY0 started an hour early so I continue to listen. Then to add to my confusion even more, he is giving a wrap up speech and ends the show at 3pm and promptly logs off. Totally lost and confused, I ask what is happening in the chat only to have GT say oh sorry he actually started 2 hours early. Everything then clicks and makes sense and I realize I wasn't dreaming after all, just sleep deprived and misinformed :/

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 pm

Drini1217 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm Had this weird dream where I woke up to listen to SquigY0's Dance Party at it's regularly scheduled time of 3pm EST on Sundays. I had only had a few hours of sleep at this point but thought oh well, he made a big deal about this show so I'll sacrifice some sleep for it. I proceed to log into the chat as well as start streaming the show only to find that the show has already started. In my confusion, I ask about it in the chat to be told SquigY0 started an hour early so I continue to listen. Then to add to my confusion even more, he is giving a wrap up speech and ends the show at 3pm and promptly logs off. Totally lost and confused, I ask what is happening in the chat only to have GT say oh sorry he actually started 2 hours early. Everything then clicks and makes sense and I realize I wasn't dreaming after all, just sleep deprived and misinformed :/
That weren't a dream son! Sorry, moose out front (GT) shoulda told you!

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 pm

SquigY0 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 pm That weren't a dream son! Sorry, moose out front (GT) shoulda told you!
All good, GT will get his paddling later.

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:02 am

This is punishment, how?

Back on track, sometimes I really think I should write down my dreams and then see if I can turn them into books or screenplays because they just are that kind of material.

There are three different story lines going on, that will intersect at some point, if I hadn't have woken up:
1a. A group of explorers are the first to use a recently discovered wormhole highway system which when they fire up their warp drive, in a flash of blue, they're instantly at other Earth-like planets with fully developed civilizations. While exploring one of the planets, people/beings/robots in full armored suits appear and begin killing everyone that they see, including a group of teenagers having a bonfire and watching movies on an outdoor screen. The camera pans to a night sky which appears to have three moons, and suddenly all three of them blink out of existence.

2. A young girl discovers that she has the ability to jump through a veil of blue and end up in the upper atmosphere of another civilization, where she can jump again to get to other ones, or start a controlled descend to the ground.

3. On an unknown planet, three friends are at a small group of tenements looking for a red backpack that contains something. They find it and run to the wooded area just outside of it. There, they're intercepted by the people/beings/robots. Two of them are shot, and one is left on the ground (me) holding the backpack about to get shot by the being standing over him, when a sword comes out from behind and decapitates the being.

1b. While split up into teams, some of the explorers see the beings and their killing spree, and order everyone back to the ship for immediate departure. This is an explorer ship, so it's not equipped for any sort of battle, so while waiting for everyone to return, Harry Kim is doing some impromptu modifications to add some armor, and secure the doors so the ship can't easily be entered from the outside. There are other crew members from Voyager, Galactica, and possibly The Expanse on this ship as well.