The Dream Log

Converse about various topics, funny pictures and youtube videos.
SquigY0
DJ

Re: The Dream Log

Post by SquigY0 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:31 am

Due to drunkenness, and just general anger, I start a big fight in my favorite bar, The Knotty Pine. There's not really any physical violence, but a lot of yelling whereby some take sides with me, and some take sides against me. The next day, the bar decides it's not going to open again, because this fight has splintered their clientele, and the bar can never be what it once was again. I don't want to be responsible for the permanent closing of my favorite place, so I arrange a sit-down with a representative of the bar (who's somebody that was a regular fixture there and has been dead for many years). Through sobbing and tears, I apologize for what I've done, and even offer to never step foot in there again if it means that The Pine can continue to survive and thrive. She accepts my apology, and even says it's okay if I still come in, but lays some ground rules for future encounters. Soon after, I talk to Twitches about it, and she says how stupid I'm being for accepting such terms. Because I walk back my agreement, the bar permanently closes from that moment on.
=====
In another alternate reality real life/TV show, most places are the same (i.e. Ocean City) but most people are different (my aunt & uncle who have two kids around their 40s, now only have one boy that's only a pre-teen and has a similar name but not the same as my male cousin). Main characters of the story are a college student who has a severely autistic younger brother, and her long-term boyfriend who treats him like his own brother. Also people from our reality (i.e. Paul Simon) go to this reality where they don't exist, and sometimes take up completely different jobs than they're known for, or an enhanced, modern version of what they're known for (i.e. Paul reinvents himself using synthesizer technology only available in this alternate reality). While at the store accompanying Paul while he's buying synthesizers, I see my used Lenovo laptop for sale and consider buying it for comparison of history at home VS here.

Back to the main characters, the autistic boy goes missing, and his sister receives a video call from him while searching. For a moment, he appears completely non-afflicted when communicating with his sister, but then is pulled off of the screen by a man who says she has to do exactly what he says or he's going to release videos of the awful things he's recorded her brother doing.
Perfected / Select Sundays@3pm Eastern
The SquigY0 Radio Show / Select Wednesdays@8pm Eastern
It IS Worse / Selected selecteds
AKApodcast http://akapodcast.podomatic.com

Syn
DJ

Post by Syn » Tue May 04, 2021 11:56 am

SquigY0 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:42 am ......and who are sure to treat them with the utmost respect?
:o :shock: :? :roll: :lol:

I really can't be arsed with this signature bullshit.
I love the smell of nail polish in the morning.
Sounds gay. I'm in!
Listen for the burning smell.
Quit touching the boat, Paula!

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:02 am

IRL, my company is contracting out at least 80 current employees to a company that's taking over a certain line of our business. They're very secret hush hush about who's going as part of this deal.

In my dream, a guy I used to work with (who was always a disruptive influence) found all the plans for who's going, the future plans for them and our company, and the menus for their new cafeteria. He somehow (very Harry Potter-esque) appears in the cabinet above my desk (which IRL was the desk of one of my previous managers who's now moved up in the ranks), and exclaims loudly that he has all the plans and will show them to me now. Just then the manager that I just mentioned walks in the room and says "WHAT?!" I close the cabinet in panic and act innocent.

The manager comes over and opens the cabinet and it's now empty. He asks if Wayne is the current manager of our business unit, and I'm not really sure, so he says "he is" and instructs Angelica from the helpdesk (I guess she was in the room the whole time) to call Wayne, where we'll have to explain ourselves. We do and he gives kind of a wishy washy handslap and talking down to.

Later, I'm in a cubicle farm, where I somehow have secured a crate for myself that's designed for those that are transitioning over to the new company. Included with the crate is some flowers (condolences?), and a bunch of those plastic strips that you'll often find wrapped around or inside a cardboard box. There's also a commercial on the TV overhead talking about the transition and what people that are part of it need to do, and I question a co-worker as to why it's so secret hush hush when they're talking about it on national TV.

With all that out of the way, it's time to go to the Renaissance Faire, which is finally reopened after COVID. But I'm hanging out backstage the whole time with the performers, sometimes behind a tinted glass door where faire-goers can't see us, and all the performers keep walking through naked, having just normal everyday conversations as if they're not.

GT.
DJ / Owner

Post by GT. » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:25 am

You be having some lucid AF dreams :?

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:38 am

Stop being jelly

Jimmy
DJ

Post by Jimmy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am

SquigY0 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:13 pm Before the wake for my dad's friend, my mother cuts my hair (I guess I couldn't be seen at a wake with COVID hair) and when I look in the mirror afterwards, I look like a woman. I go to the wake, and all of my brother's friends from high school are there. I'm talking to some who I remember but don't remember me, and I say it's probably because I look like a woman. They say I don't look like a woman.
I'm new to this thread so sorry for the old quote but I need to request at least a four hour time slot this week just to talk about how many fucked up red flags there are in just that one paragraph. Twitches, at AKAfest wear read if you're in danger. We can get you help.

Jimmy
DJ

Post by Jimmy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:21 am

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am Twitches, at AKAfest wear read if you're in danger. We can get you help.
Shit, probably should have pm'd that

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 am

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am Twitches, at AKAfest wear read if you're in danger. We can get you help.
Twitches doesn't have a forum account, and I'll certainly never forward this to her >:)

My Aunt Sandy is dying (not that I know of). My mother owes her something around $3000 before she dies. My dad has died (not really), and she expects me to give her the $3000+ from the money I got from him dying, but before all the necessary paperwork clears and the money is received. I'm going to suggest to Twitches that we just move and not tell anybody where we've gone, but first I go to my grandfather for help. While eating soup and in a robe, he dispenses advice that is shrouded in mystery and I nod and act like he has helped me greatly with such sage wise advice as "take some markers with you so you have something to write with when you need to."

I'm watching a series starring Elijah Wood, and many of the cast of the show The Man In The High Castle. I become Elijah Wood's character who is struggling with his pedophiliac feelings as well as needing to pee in a bathroom that keeps getting populated with people who are distracting him from doing so. Somewhere nearby, a series of slight-of-hand movements and important timings is making it so that Elijah Wood's fingerprints are either being added to or subtracted from a scene of a crime that will later become an important plot point in the series.

My Aunt Judy is now involved in the $3000 pressure. This time I go to my grandmother for advice (she passed away in 2013) and she says things to me that she would've never said in real life like "Judy once had, what they called, the fastest vagina in the west."

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:12 am

In an ever-increasing campaign by my employer to make me go postal, I'm assigned to a project that's super involved and has a very quick deadline. We hammer out the whole thing within a matter of hours via a non-stop crunch session. As we're about to present our final product, my manager provides a list of requirements for the project that we were not previously provided, such as that the app we're producing must be written in a very specific programming language, and needs certain features as part of it. I go apeshit and act in a generally unprofessional manner, especially when I give my concerns to my manager and he dismisses them.

I'm now in HR, potentially being used like the principal's office, for my project-related outburst. They're showing me various scenarios, each with 3 video clips associated, and asking me to determine if they're racist. Most of the ones that are blatantly racist, I provide good solid potential backstories about how they're not. One that I initially said was racist, I change my mind, and also give reasons why that one isn't.

Walking into the building, potentially the first day after the principal's office, I hear a conversation between two people in the lobby. A guy with an ID badge is talking to a guy without an ID badge, saying "but you have the same name as me." The guy without the badge says "I'm his cousin" and then darts to the elevator and rides up. As I get off the elevator on my floor, the sound of fake gunfire starts, followed by people yelling, and then an alarm going off, the lights going between normal and a dim red like some sort of defcon situation. They're conducting a workplace shooter drill so we all get under our desks. I debrief later and say that I should've done something or known something was wrong from the lobby conversation I heard.

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:06 am

I'm scamming one of my friends, but he doesn't know it's me because I'm disguised. On a weekly basis, I pay him to use his apartment for one hour for "business matters." He's required to vacate the premises at the same time, and for some reason I take apart all his furniture and put it back together before he returns. I somehow have time during all of this to also use the computing power of his computers to do...something.

After doing this for a long time, he has enough money to buy a bigger, better apartment upstairs (this one's got a gaming room, a chillout room...lots more furniture to take apart), while still maintaining his original one. I use this to my advantage to also rent out this apartment for "business matters." He agrees at first, but then starts having second thoughts. I give him reasons reasons reasons as I head towards his original apartment for my hour of "business matters."

His original apartment is super nice too, and I've invited my family (also disguised, as a boisterous Italian family) to hang out with me in it. The door is left ajar at the top of the stairs (apparently this is a basement apartment) and my friend is eavesdropping on what we're talking about. I'm somehow able to remotely block him out from hearing us talking via a Windows Lock screen.

Later it's revealed that others are scamming members of this apartment building in the same fashion, and as residents all start having second thoughts about allowing this, their TVs and computer screens are taken over with blackmail material that's been gathered via Spyware that's been installed while we've been using their apartments, that'll be released if they don't shut up and let us keep using them.