The Dream Log

Converse about various topics, funny pictures and youtube videos.
SquigY0
DJ

The Dream Log

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:42 am

Shall we get our weird dreams out in the open to get them out of our brains and into the hands of other AKAers who could provide some free professional analysis and who are sure to treat them with the utmost respect?

Last night, I was able to travel to an alternate reality where I met my one uncle who's got severe mental retardation here, but who's extremely smart and actually a crime boss over there. I also worked with a troupe of people to re-enact Gone With The Wind (not sure if it didn't exist there), tried to bang my co-star (guess not so alternate reality cause i struck out), and visited my mom (who is alive here as well) to pillage her music collection for music that only exists there. Somehow I was able to VPN to this reality to cross-reference music that really doesn't exist here. She did offer me a drive to put the music on, but apparently I'd already come prepared with my own.
Perfected / Select Sundays@3pm Eastern
The SquigY0 Radio Show / Select Wednesdays@8pm Eastern
It IS Worse / Selected selecteds
AKApodcast http://akapodcast.podomatic.com

SquigY0
DJ

Re: The Dream Log

Post by SquigY0 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm

I recurringly have a dream where there's a college class I haven't been to all semester (usually because I didn't realize I was enrolled, but sometimes just cause it was scheduled at an inconvenient time and I kept skipping it), and I finally went to the class the last week of the semester before the final, and was trying futily to review practice test materials and textbook pages to pass the final.

GT.
DJ / Owner

Post by GT. » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Good job.... I'm curious to know your final grade :lol:

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm

SquigY0 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm I recurringly have a dream where there's a college class I haven't been to all semester (usually because I didn't realize I was enrolled, but sometimes just cause it was scheduled at an inconvenient time and I kept skipping it), and I finally went to the class the last week of the semester before the final, and was trying futily to review practice test materials and textbook pages to pass the final.
I've lived this dream before >.<

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 am

GT. wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm Good job.... I'm curious to know your final grade :lol:
Me too! I disappointingly (or maybe for good reason) always wake up even before the test, as I'm struggling through pages and pages of the textbook trying to take a practice test.
Drini1217 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm I've lived this dream before >.<
EEEK!!!

I had a whole series of unconnected dreams last night, that just went from one to the next to the next, and currently the only part I remember is I was DJing on AKA and accidentally let a bad tag slip through, and I was MORTIFIED!

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:05 pm

SquigY0 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 am
GT. wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm Good job.... I'm curious to know your final grade :lol:
Me too! I disappointingly (or maybe for good reason) always wake up even before the test, as I'm struggling through pages and pages of the textbook trying to take a practice test.
Drini1217 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm I've lived this dream before >.<
EEEK!!!

I had a whole series of unconnected dreams last night, that just went from one to the next to the next, and currently the only part I remember is I was DJing on AKA and accidentally let a bad tag slip through, and I was MORTIFIED!
Oh no! :o the boss will have your head!!

GT.
DJ / Owner

Post by GT. » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 pm

:roll:

Drini1217
DJ

Post by Drini1217 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:54 pm

GT. wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 pm:roll:
Don't try to act all innocent, we all know it's true ;P

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:14 pm

My company will be leaving the building it's been in in the city for sometime now in the next couple of years, into a new building that's currently being built.

In my dream, I'm tasked by my manager to do something related to the move, which is not something our team usually does, for the purposes of gaining the knowledge and documenting it. On the last night we're in the old building, I go to the data center (which by the way isn't actually housed in that building) and have the computer operators run a query for certain important information that we need to move to the new data center which is stored on tapes. When the query is entered, the doors open and the tapes eject that have the data of interest on them. The computer operator then puts all the tapes in a blue case and hands them to me. He tells me to go to a room down the hall to extract the data, and when complete, just stop by the front security desk, sign that I had possession of the cases, and they're supposed to take them back.

I go down the hall to extract the data from the tapes pertaining to the data of interest. In normal action/suspense movie fashion, the extracts are taking a super long time (with % just crawling) while not only are we reaching the drop dead time where we need to be out of the building, but two gunmen (played by a guy I used to work with at another company who's now dead, and the celebrity he most resembles) are roaming the building shooting everybody in their way to get to the data that I'm now extracting.

I take a few trips on a weird elevator that's got a different color square on the carpet, that anything on it is raised on a pedestal when the elevator's moving in attempts to see where the gunmen are/hide so I'm not killed in the room if they get there to take the data. On my final time back at the room, the data extracts complete, just in the nick of time for the gunmen to enter the room. The guy I used to work with says to just give him the tapes and explains why it's actually procedure that they're supposed to take them. At some point, I'm made to believe I'll get a bunch of bonus money for turning the tapes over to them too.

I agree, give him the case (no idea how the tapes ended up back in it), and we all go to the security desk together where celebrity signs with the guards but then takes the case with him, no questions asked.

Whenever I next meet with my manager to debrief on the procedure used, I blab about what my old co-worker and celebrity guy did.

SquigY0
DJ

Post by SquigY0 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 am

I contact a cousin who has a large income source with a great business opportunity. We're going to establish a prison, and then get state money for every inmate we can get.

We establish the prison on paper, and then apply for transfer of criminals deemed not a threat to our prison. We get one to start, and lock him up in a wire frame dog kennel, but tall enough for a person to stand in. We don't have a building so he's just in the kennel out in a field.

We slowly get more transfers, but not fast enough to make the money we want, so my cousin has to go back to his large income source (which is his wife) to get more money to step up the process.

With more money in hand, our field of kenneled prisoners is at a great number, and we build a mansion next to the field of prisoners. Unfortunately, the stacking of kennels causes a structural problem, and the back falls off of one of the "cells". That prisoner lets all of the other prisoners go, they burn down the mansion, and flee.

Later, we're at a soup kitchen where all of the prisoners are now working. We've brought them burlap banners (presumably that would be placed on the front of a human-sized wire frame kennel) with their name, as well as either their nickname or an honorary title. This is to show them how appreciated they were at our prison and to lure them back to stay with us again.